Sunday 8 July 2012

Gold

Good afternoon everyone!  Hope you are all enjoying your weekend and are managing to keep dry!  We have actually had sun again here today - wooohooooo!  It is quite warm too so Roly has been able to do his favourite thing, apart from eating and walking and sleeping that is - sun bathing!

The Less Is More Challenge this week is colour, namely Gold.  This really stumped me then I decided to do some gold embossing.  Big mistake!  I must have taken about a dozen photos to get one anywhere near looking somewhat decent, so I apologise for the bad photo, I think I have tried every room in the house to take this photo, but all came out looking bad!  I do assure you though, it is gold embossed!

I have used a sentiment stamp from Craftwork Cards and the flourishes and frame are from a pack of freebies in a craft mag.  The embossing powder is gold embossing tinsel from Heat It Up. 

12 comments:

Victoria said...

I think lots of people are struggling to take photos this week for LiM so I wouldn't worry! Love all the flourishes and swirls that frame your sentiment.

Loli said...

Hola Lynda, i understand you the phototraumatic shiny moment is like take a photo with acetate aaaggggg horrible:D:D:D:D.
Beautiful card, i love your flourishes and swirls, very delicate, well done Lynda.
Hugs from the melted island:D

Chrissie said...

Sweet card... gold is SO tricky to photograph.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Suze Bain said...

It's a nightmare trying to photography anything shiny, it always looks better IRL! Super embossing on your card, I@m loving the gold this week. xx

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Lynda

Pretty and delicate and I can see the gold!

Tina
X

Marrigje said...

Lovely card! I really like the layout. And you can see it is gold:D

I can totally relate to the difficulty making a decend picture. It took me ages to get a good one. Gold, and shiny is soo difficult to photograph...

Marrigje

Mandi said...

Sweet card Lynda
Anything shiny is so hard to phorograph well,

Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

GinaA said...

Great swirls, I am with you on taking photos of the gold, they either don't show up or are so bright you can't see anything else!

Darnell said...

It's a lovely card! I was thinking about powdering mine before trying to photograph it. You know how in the old movies, ladies used to go "powder their noses" before pictures were taken? Right?

Claudia said...

Hi Zippy, what an interesting and special look. Like how you spread the swirls. Great!
Thanks also for your visit and your lovely comment on my blog.
Hugs Claudia

Linda said...

Hi Lynda,
Lovely card, I like how you've framed the sentiment. Great job xx

Marijke said...

beautiful card