Sunday 8 April 2012

With Sympathy

A dear friend of ours, who works at the same school as Den and with who we also walk our dogs together, gave us some bad news yesterday.  Her mother died yesterday morning.  I am sure most of you will agree that sympathy cards are amongst the hardest to do, getting the right picture and just the right verse for the occasion.

Anyway, I have no suitable stamps so turned to Joanna Sheen's Thomas Kinkade CD which has some stunning art work on it and created this card which I wanted to keep simple:



The card and gems are from stash and the sentiment on the front was created in Word.

I also got a verse off the Internet to go inside, I can't remember which site it was from:

2 comments:

Squirrel x said...

I think you have it just right love - these are such hard cards to do, especially for a friend. Hugs, Sxx PS. On a lighter note, love the new look, the background is gorgeous. And just notice that Roly looks like a little bear cub in his first photo!

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is beautiful and perfect for a sympathy card - although we would all rather not have to make them. I am sure it will bring comfort
Lisa x